HEAR FROM THE CLIENT
“Futurety proved to be just the partner we needed in getting our digital marketing efforts off the ground. With our finite resources and only very basic knowledge of SEO, Futurety helped kick-start our efforts in data analysis, data visualization, email marketing, digital strategy, and social media. They consistently added value to our organization and provided us with consistent, measurable results. Futurety truly acted as an extension of our team and the level of collaboration was much more akin to a partnership than a client/vendor relationship.”
Chief Concept Officer, Sbarro
Sbarro is a pizza chain specializing in New York style pizza sold by the slice in over 600 locations world-wide.
With the decline of shopping malls and in-store traffic, Sbarro was faced with the task of revolutionizing their marketing strategy to rely more heavily on digital channels and promote awareness of their off-mall locations. Although the pizza chain was already active on digital channels, they didn’t have a clear understanding of each channel’s effectiveness.
With the help of Futurety, the Sbarro team was able to increase organic traffic and sales through the following SEO tactics.
WHAT WE DID
- Creation of title tags and meta descriptions for 25 site pages and more than 300 location pages
- Creation of image alt text for 30 images on the site
- Creation, implementation, and regular updating of sitemaps to Google
- Reviewing all site pages for broken links and providing over 300 redirect recommendations to Sbarro dev team
- Regular training for Sbarro digital marketing manager
- Assistance vetting and selecting local listings provider (Yext), and ongoing support for tracking of tool business impact
- Strategy and initial guidance for future Sbarro content development initiative, using research-based methods
- Recommendations for optimizing location pages on site for improved search engine visibility and traffic, and subsequent coordination with Sbarro development team
- Recommendations for optimizing site speed and individual page load times, and coordinating with Sbarro dev to implement
In addition to SEO, Futurety assisted the Sbarro team with the following additional digital initiatives:
- Creation, execution, and reporting for a multi-location paid search pilot program, and subsequent design of a follow-up test
- Upgraded Google Analytics to Google Tag Manager for more in-depth user tracking on site
- Creation and management of per-source tracking tags to assign impact to specific digital channels and campaign
Futurety saw the following results in the first six months after implementation of their search engine optimization and digital analytics tactics:
Changes based on year over year metric.
Before Futurety began working with Sbarro, the Sbarro team did not track user behavior on its site. After implementing Google Tag Manager, the Futurety team saw the following results in the initial six-month period:
Results based on 6 months after project completion.